Tuesday, July 15, 2008

adjusting and readjusting

It has been 2 months since my time at Disney came to an end. Since then I have moved back to Indiana. I spent a week living with my parents and getting things unpacked, only to repack them to move in at Purdue. I spent almost the whole month of June depressed. Partly because I missed Disney and my friends there and partly because I didn't have a job. I had just spent 10 months working my ass off at least 40 hours a week making some decent money and then like the end of a roller coaster, it all came to a screeching halt.
I tried to be cautious about how much money I was spending since I didn't have any money coming in, but living with 6 people who love to go out made that ever so difficult. There were countless nights where I just sat in my room reading because I couldn't afford to hang out with everyone. I applied at so many places and did my best to stay positive with them and I did all the annoying calling back stuff.
Finally at the very end of June I got an offer to start working at the Union Club Hotel as a housekeeper. Not very glamorous, but it was better than nothing. I've been working there for a week now and I finally have it down. I think I'll be getting rooms by myself soon, which is scary!
I've also been taking summer classes, so it's not like I just sat around for a month paying rent when I could've been living at home. I took American Sign Language and Political Science. ASL was really fun even though it was at 7:30 in the morning. The political science class is still giving me headaches. The professor really annoys me, I feel like he's incredibly naive or something and he only gives us one side of an argument. He likes to talk a lot about developing nations and how they're incredibly poor, but I have friends from some of these countries and they aren't as bad as he makes it out to be.
I have about 2 weeks left of class and then Im packing everything back up and driving home. Im flying out of Indianapolis on the 30th of July to go and work my required 40 seasonal hours at Disney. I'm beyond excited about this because I get to stay with Devin and go back to work where I know exactly what I'm doing and I have lots of friends and I know the supervisors.
After about almost 2 weeks there, I have to come back to reality again and get through my junior year at Purdue.
Wish me luck!
TTFN

No comments: